The Vice President, Information Technology is a transformational technology strategist and is at the forefront of new and emerging technical innovations across global Britax operations. Reporting to the Global CFO, this individual will set technology strategy, and ensure execution. The right candidate will ensure the company's technology, security and advanced analytics capabilities are capable, flexible, and aligned with overall Britax vision and strategy, meeting the needs of customers, partners, and employees. The Vice President, Information Technology will also be responsible for strategy, planning, design, development and execution of the technology, data and cyber functions, a key driver of Britax growth, allowing the company to expand into new markets, business partners, with a focus on safety and efficiencies in the operations.
The Vice President, Information Technology will serve as a critical point of contact between the functional units (Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, etc.) and technology execution. S/he will be responsible for developing technology as a critical enabler for the business in meeting aggressive growth goals, EBITDA targets, safety KPIs and responsible spending guidelines. The right candidate will interface with Britax Executive Management Team as well as drive results along with the functional leadership through technology organization of ~30 resources.
Key Success Factors in the First 12 Months Include:
- Developing a roadmap for Business Systems and Data that supports company goals and provides clarity for decision making.
- Developing and implementing a passionate technology team including core/non-core and outsourcing or co-sourcing decisions for non-core activities.
- Development of a data platform that enables decision making and leverages an analytics tool set, allowing for the business to pivot to meet emerging variables.
- Establish an effective technology structure and vision that enables cost-efficient use of technology.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Lead the global technology data and cyber function, enabling it to support the needs of the Britax functional organization and strategy. Leverage technology to drive the business through innovative and digitally enabled customer experience and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with cross functional and business leaders as a true business and strategic partner; exchange insights, present new methodologies, and recommend new technologies and advancements.
- Develop, manage, and measure partnerships with vendors and third party providers, that provide key, cost effective, and critical services.
- Provide proactive thoughts and perspectives to incorporate into the Britax business model and propel efforts within each functional group, region and new business lines.
- Partner with each region to understand unique business challenges, build trust and execute on prioritized initiatives.
- Proactively advise on relevant emerging technology and digital trends. Develop expertise in the organization around ERP, automation, digital marketing platforms, security enabled integrations with providers and emerging IoT technology.
- Create a vision for IT modernization, balancing investments in legacy technology and core operating functionality, while investing in cloud platforms and developing an agility to respond to changing market requirements.
- Develop a cloud strategy that reduces operational risk, creates predictable cost structures and establishes a flexible platform for Britax.
- Develop a talent strategy leveraging global talent, reduces attrition risk and drives a passionate culture.
- Be visible within the organization, meeting with all levels, building relationships, driving culture and establishing credibility.
- Manage the enterprise technology risk strategy, establishing appropriate standards and controls, leading the response to incidents, and implementing appropriate policies and procedures. Keep data secure and available while enabling speed, agility and trust.
Skills and Attributes
- Collaborative, willingness to engage and understand and in the end take ownership of a decisions, achieving alignment when consensus is not a reality.
- Financially astute, understanding how to develop realistic budgets, track spend to budget and drive cost optimization.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision, direction, status and challenges both up level with Executives and Board, but also down level with management and employees.
- Strategic thinker, seeing multiple opportunities for improvement and achievement of business goals and able to align those opportunities appropriately to business and budget constraints.
- Low ego leader, willing to push for the right answer, while uplifting others and managing inevitable conflict.
- Develops a reputation for developing strategy and proving the strategy through effective execution, KPI measurement and improvement.
- A culture hawk who understands that talent needs to be developed and culture needs to be carefully cultivated. A tireless proponent of the right people enable the right culture.
- Willingness to ask the difficult questions, while be equally willing to answer difficult questions.
- Technology passionate, tirelessly pursuing cost effective solutions that enable the business to meet documented objectives and drive efficiency into the pursuit of those objectives.
- A thoughtful change agent, driving innovation and balancing business impact.
- Manage the enterprise technology risk strategy, establishing appropriate standards and controls, leading the response to incidents, and implementing appropriate policies and procedures. Keep data secure and available while enabling speed, agility, and trust.
- Experience in the manufacture of consumer-packaged goods (CPG)
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior role, leading technical strategy, information security and execution.
- Demonstrated success leading dispersed, multicultural teams across global time zones. History of developing, passionate, high performing, lean teams with a focus on development, measurement, and meaningful feedback.
- Experience transforming businesses, leveraging emerging technology, process, and tools, all with financial discipline.
- Strong Financial Acumen, able to analyze, organize and communicate financial data. Ability to drive discipline into IT financials.
- Proven experience leading information security strategy and tactics, working with 3rd party providers and reporting on risk.
- Proven experience managing cybersecurity teams, leading complex enterprise projects and managing or leading BI & Data Analytics Solutions and Teams
- An experienced executive, mapping business requirements to technology solutions, understanding business process mapping to tools such as ERP.
- Demonstrated regulatory and compliance experience, familiar with industry and regional law burden.
- Experience working with online digital platforms for marketing, channel, and customer experience a plus.