Britax Römer is a global market leader in child mobility, dedicated to making family travel safer with our award winning range of child car seats, pushchairs and bike seats. Every child deserves to be safe and our priority at Britax Römer is to ensure that your little ones can travel safely and comfortably on every journey. This is possible thanks to the dedication to our wonderful team
Since our first child car seat in 1966, we have protected millions of children on the road across the world, where we are represented worldwide under the umbrella brand Britax. We have global operations with offices in 12 countries and more than 1,000 employees. Britax Römer’s European headquarters, including crash testing, manufacturing and operations, is located between Ulm and Augsburg in Leipheim, Germany.
In its more than 50-year history of car seats, Britax Römer has made major innovations that have affected the entire market and set new industry standards for safety and comfort, such as the first car seat with the ISOFIX anchoring system developed together with Volkswagen, which has become the international norm.
Britax Römer continues to provide new advances in the market and is the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design.
The business operates under 6 values:
- Think Consumer First
- Power of One
- Respect Matters
- Spirit of Enjoyment
- Safety at our Core
- Passion for Performance
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry.
To further drive forward our winning culture, we need to step-change our performance management in a constantly changing omni-channel environment in order to work with our customers and how best to respond to our consumers. To achieve this, we are looking for a Sourcing Project Manager, someone who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our customers, our shoppers and our employees.
Position: Sourcing Project Manager
This role will be located at our newly built production site in Leipheim and working within the dynamic Sourcing team. For this role you will need to come with at least 3 years’ experience in project sourcing with international supply base and in developing strategic partnerships. With your excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, you will be able to demonstrate strong analytical and logical skills.
The ideal candidate will be that cultural team player that has a passion for learning, driving continuous improvement as well as the personal drive to achieve their ambitions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage project sourcing activities in the new product development.
- Represent sourcing organization in cross functional project teams.
- Monitor and achieve project sourcing targets within the product launch management process.
- Prepare sourcing decision proposals based on total cost of ownership.
Key Skills Required:
- Technical understanding on product requirements, quality requirements, manufacturing technologies and their cost influence.
- Experience in sourcing in a multi-national industrial environment
- Financial understanding.
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing, other languages are a plus.
- University degree or equivalent.
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the operations business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution, Britax Römer.
• We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
• Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
• Adhere to Britax Römer policies and procedures.