The successful candidate will work closely with the Supply Chain Director to ensure optimum availability of all purchased items and maximise Britax’s profitability though best practise purchasing strategy.
This role is responsible for purchasing to forecast, as generated by MRP or business requirement.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage all project sourcing activities in the defined perimeter.
- Run ANZ forecasts as planned by MRP and communicate this to suppliers.
- Communicate forecast externally, ensure it’s understood and bought into by suppliers
- Fully understand supplier capacity, holiday period constraints & lead-times.
- Define and monitor project sourcing targets within the product launch management process.
- Implement and maintain target costing on landed Bill of Material level.
- Initiate and steer cost saving measures in collaboration with the category sourcing team.
- Ensure exchange and sharing of all relevant BOM information between category sourcing team and projects.
- Initiate cost structure analyses and contribute to shaping global sourcing category strategies via feedback and improvement proposals based on project work with suppliers.
- Prepare sourcing decision sheets comparing all total cost options.
- Maintain accurate project sourcing status reporting and risk management.
- Overall responsibility for purchase price of all retail ready products, negotiated at least annually, to include supporting engineering led NPD & VAVE projects.
- Release orders to all suppliers following MRP process.
- Management of orders- monitor trade agreement, on time delivery and correct quantity.
- Management of orders - shipped by suppliers on time, with correct quantities as ordered either to Britax 3PL, or direct to retailers.
- Raise ANZ “direct ship” purchase orders, based on sales orders.
- Raise indirect material purchase orders.
- Complete monthly cycle of purchasing reports, such as supplier ratings
- Invoice checking / approval.
- Receive indirect purchase orders and liaise with accounts payable.
- Implement global sourcing strategy with assigned suppliers.
- Elaborate baseline for approval of new suppliers.
- Know-how and innovation transfer from suppliers into Britax.
- Provide input to budget & forecasting process for Purchasing & Supply Chain function.
- Offer VA/ VE suggestions and follow through as projects.
- Manage NCR register, communication, return orders.
- Work with Inventory Manager re Phase in / Phase out to minimise obsolescence.
- Foster supplier development to assist our suppliers best practice.
Key Skills Required
- Good and reliable communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal drive with clear ambitions.
- Cross functional / cultural team player.
- Passion for driving continuous improvements.
- Attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills to ensure traceability.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in both Purchasing & project management
- Min. 5+ years of experience in a relatable industrial field (FMCG, automotive etc)
- Experience working within a global supply chain, particularly Asia
- Project Management
- Experience with Microsoft D365
- High competence in word and excel
Britax Childcare is an international market leader in the manufacture and distribution of child safety car seats and wheeled goods. The global market is divided into three regions: Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific.
Australia is the largest business in the Asia Pacific, known as Britax Childcare Pty Ltd and is headquartered in Port Melbourne. The primary brands are Britax, Safe-n-Sound, Steelcraft, Hipod and Babylove.