Develops and implements Commodity Sourcing Strategies to achieve goals in cost reduction, supplier performance and risk mitigation. Leads the sourcing portion of the New Product Development process. This position requires extensive cross functional communication to support the business objectives.
Key Task and Responsibilities
• Negotiates, executes and manages commercial contracts with suppliers.
• Builds strong relationships with key suppliers.
• Manages key suppliers through use of organization KPI’s.
• Promotes alignment of sourcing strategy with business unit and supply chain goals.
• Identifies, plans, and implements continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
• Aligns and optimizes sourcing strategy for shared commodities with global counterparts.
• Identifies and establishes new suppliers, when necessary.
• Drives TCO reductions across the entire supply chain.
• Actively participates in New Product Development cross-functional teams.
• Monitors and forecasts commodity head/tail winds for Budgeting and Forecast updates.
• Fosters communication among key stakeholders across business units and functions.
• Willingness to travel internationally 2-3 times per year for 7-10 day periods per trip.
Skills and Attributes
• Proactive and Results Oriented.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to problem solve and develop resolutions in a timely manner.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and MRP systems.
• Must have excellent negotiating and communication skills.
• 3-5 years strategic purchasing experience with global supply base; preferably in a “Just-In-Time”, Lean manufacturing environment.