The ideal candidate will ensure optimum availability of all purchased items and maximise Britax’s profitability though best practise purchasing strategy. You will have responsibility for purchasing to forecast, as generated by MRP or business requirement. This role works closely with the Supply Chain & Purchasing Director and is based out of out Port Melbourne offices
- Run ANZ forecasts as planned by MRP and communicate this to suppliers.
- Fully understand supplier capacity, holiday period constraints & lead-times.
- Highlight to the business any constraints.
- Communicate forecast externally, ensure it’s understood and bought into by suppliers
- Overall responsibility for purchase price of all retail ready products, negotiated at least annually, to include supporting engineering led NPD & VAVE projects.
- Release orders to all suppliers following MRP process.
- Management of orders- monitor trade agreement, on time delivery and correct quantity.
- Management of orders - shipped by suppliers on time, with correct quantities as ordered either to Britax 3PL, or direct to retailers.
- Raise ANZ “direct ship” POs based on sales orders.
- Raise indirect POs- tooling etc.
- Drawing revision updates to ensure PO has latest revision.
- Complete monthly cycle of purchasing reports, such as supplier ratings – as specified
- RFQ input with tier two suppliers as directed by NPD.
- Invoice checking/ approval to ensure correct.
- Receive indirect purchase orders and liaise with accounts payable.
- Provide input to budget & forecasting process for Purchasing & Supply Chain function.
- Support NPD process as determined by the Milestone process.
- Cost management support.
- Offer VA/ VE suggestions and follow through as projects.
- Manage NCR register, communication, return orders.
- Execute IMAs, Write offs, as required.
- Work with Inventory Manager re Phase in / Phase out to minimise obsolescence.
- Foster supplier development to assist our suppliers best practice.
Key Skills Required
- Strong Purchasing skills, with ability to share workload within a small team.
- Strong communicator, both internally & externally.
- Attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills to ensure traceability.
- Previous experience in both Purchasing & Supply Chain organisations
- Min. 5+ years of experience in a related specialised field (FMCG, automotive etc)
- Experience working within a global supply chain, particularly Asia
- Project Management
- Experience with Microsoft D365
- High competence in word and excel
Britax Childcare is an international market leader in the manufacture and distribution of child safety car seats and wheeled goods. The global market is divided into three regions: Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific.
Australia is the largest business in the Asia Pacific, known as Britax Childcare Pty Ltd and is headquartered in Port Melbourne. The primary brands are Britax, Safe-n-Sound, Steelcraft, Hipod and Babylove. At Britax child safety is at the core of everything we do, and we are looking for a passionate individual to join the Marketing team.
The business operates under 3 core values:
- Care - We care about protecting the dreams of our customers, our people and our world.
- Trust – We trust in our products to protect the dreams of our customers all over the world.
- Curious – We are curious because we ask questions and connect with our people, by listening thoughtfully, elevating their voices, and ensuring their dreams are our starting point