Britax Römer is a global leader in child mobility, making family travel safer with our range of child seats, pushchairs and bike seats.
Römer was founded in Ulm, Germany in 1871 and has been setting new standards for the child safety industry for 50 years, thanks to our great people.
Our mission is: every child has the right to be safe and our goal is to protect millions of children on the streets worldwide.
We are looking for qualified candidates to make this a reality.
Britax Römer's European headquarters is located in Leipheim, which houses production, logistics and administration, as well as one of the world's most advanced crash test facilities for child seats. Our strong corporate values - Care, Trust and Curious - make for a strong company culture.
We look forward to welcoming you here.
We are looking for a Process Engineer
Main purpose of role:
Key purpose is: The ideal candidate will have background in Industrial Engineering, Automation, Line layout planning, ideally Lean and Continuous Improvement-Processes/Methodology.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Collaboration in the development of new products with colleagues from the Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, and Brand/Product Management departments
- Planning, implementation and optimization of manual and partially automated assembly lines / workstations
- Optimization of manufacturing and logistics processes based on lean production methodology
- Material flow analysis and planning as well as their implementation according to the lean material flow methodology and Toyota Productions System (TPS) principles
- Layout planning and workplace design taking into account the legal requirements and guidelines
- Execution of time studies according to REFA methodology
Candidate Profile (Education/Competencies Required/Functional Skills/Technical Skills):
- Completed studies as industrial engineer, mechanical engineer or similar
- Ideally, REFA certification
- Experience in the automation of assembly processes in the consumer goods sector is an advantage
- Interest and motivation in the implementation of Lean and Change Management practices
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility and commitment
- Enthusiasm for varied, complex issues and tasks
- Analytical and goal-oriented way of thinking and working
- Quick comprehension, motivation and commitment, strong teamwork and communication skills
- User knowledge with common ERP systems is an advantage
- Confident handling of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint)
- An attractive remuneration package
- 30 days holiday with a 5-day week
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Versatile tasks and the freedom to realise your own ideas
- Company pension scheme
- Bicycle leasing
- Further training opportunities
- Offers within the framework of company health management (fitness allowance, courses)
- Employee discounts
- Jubilee payments
- and much more.