Britax Römer is a global market leader in child mobility, dedicated to making family travel safer with our award winning range of child car seats, pushchairs and bike seats. Every child deserves to be safe and our priority at Britax Römer is to ensure that your little ones can travel safely and comfortably on every journey. This is possible thanks to the dedication to our wonderful team.
Since our first child car seat in 1966, we have protected millions of children on the road across the world, where we are represented worldwide under the umbrella brand Britax. We have global operations with offices in 12 countries and more than 1,000 employees. Britax Römer’s European headquarters, including crash testing, manufacturing and operations, is located between Ulm and Augsburg in Leipheim, Germany.
In its more than 50-year history of car seats, Britax Römer has made major innovations that have affected the entire market and set new industry standards for safety and comfort, such as the first car seat with the ISOFIX anchoring system developed together with Volkswagen, which has become the international norm.
Britax Römer continues to provide new advances in the market and is the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design.
The business operates under 6 values:
- Think Consumer First
- Power of One
- Respect Matters
- Spirit of Enjoyment
- Safety at our Core
- Passion for Performance
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry.
To further drive forward our winning culture, we need to step-change our performance management in a constantly changing omni-channel environment in order to work with our customers and how best to respond to our consumers. To achieve this, we are looking for a Lead Material Planner, someone who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our customers, our shoppers and our employees.
Position: Lead Material Planner
This role will be based out of our Leipheim site, working within the dynamic SCM team. For this role you will need to come with experience of working in a similar role for at least 2 years, where you will be used to planning and managing the supply of finished goods making sure all KPIs are met. Your project management and interpersonal skills will show how you are able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, along the need to make things happen.
The ideal candidate will be that cross functional team player that has a passion for Process, KPIs and Supply chain. As this role is predominately working across our UK and Germany sites you should have a good understanding of both languages to enable building strong lasting relationships. You should come with an understanding of MRP/ ERP systems.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Steady review of current valid demand plan incl. correspondence and agreement with each plant to ensure sufficient production capacity in advance.
- On-time implementation of all required purchase orders for responsible finished goods. Orders will need to be planned, allocated and tracked from placement through to completion to ensure on-time delivery in full.
- Correct maintenance of master data of each responsible article incl. appropriate definition of min./max. safety-stock, lead-time in ERP.
- Input, monitor and maintain MRP settings in designated areas to ensure data is correctly implemented.
- Monitor stock levels to ensure inventory targets are maintained and E&O stock risks are minimised, supporting stock take and cycle counting activities
- Work closely with Planning, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Product Management and Customer Service to co-ordinate timely phase-in / phase-out of items.
- Steady consideration of current PPM-rates for each responsible supplier incl. close relationship to Quality to ensure on-time implementation of corrective actions. Current scrap rate of each article should be considered in purchase orders to ensure 100% availability.
- React to any changes in the production plans which may result in reviewing existing purchase orders with all involved plants and team-members.
- Seeking continuous improvement for material supply/plant performance and identify appropriate MRP improvements.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring strategies to improve supply chain processes incl. ERP-set-up.
- Lead of cost-saving projects from end to end.
- SCM core-team-member in new development projects (NPD)
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the operations business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution, Britax Römer.
We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
Adhere to Britax Römer policies and procedures.