BRITAX has been a leader in mobile safety for more than 80 years, with a legacy of leadership in developing innovations that enhance the safety of child car seats and improve their ease of installation and use.
Our uncompromising focus has made BRITAX the best-selling child car seat in Europe and one of the brands most trusted by American parents and caregivers since entering the U.S. market in 1996. Our commitment to improving child safety is unparalleled, as evidenced by the fact that our products undergo the most rigorous testing in our industry at five BRITAX testing facilities worldwide.
We also work closely with vehicle manufacturers to encourage design improvements that enhance the performance of child car seats. In addition, we maintain an ongoing dialogue with consumers, child passenger safety technicians and other child safety advocates to ensure proper installation and use of child seats and develop new ideas to improve their safety and ease of use
To further drive forward our winning culture, we are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer, who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our consumers, retailers, and our employees.
Position: Senior Industrial Designer
The successful candidate will be based out of our Fort Mill, SC site and will be part of the Global Design Team. To compliment our existing team you will have a flair for brands, trends and innovations and can convincingly communicate and present your approaches and ideas within a team. You are enthusiastic about first-class industrial design of a leading, innovative brand with a traditionally very high demand for design and user-friendliness of our products and bring a balanced mixture of creativity and an eye for what is feasible within the given time and cost framework
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be significantly involved in the design development of new Britax products within our design team. You will accompany the design process largely on your own responsibility from the first sketch. In doing so, you will work closely with our engineers and product managers within the framework of the global design strategy. In addition, you will keep an eye on
important aspects such as the ergonomics, functionality and technical feasibility of our products.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal fashion designers within the project team under the lead of product & brand managers.
- Cooperate with our technical team, especially the global design team and our engineers.
- Execution of new concepts, product updates and facelifts.
- Virtual 3D modeling.
- Consideration of trends and new materials.
What you will bring:
- 5 years minimum of sound experience as an industrial designer in the consumer goods sector, preferably also in a cross-industry design agency
- Sound basic knowledge of manufacturing technical frameworks, in particular plastic injection molding
- Advanced handling of Solid Works.
- Confident sketching skills and visualization of ideas.
- Successfully completed degree in industrial, transportation or product design.
- Creativity and technical understanding are your strengths.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the operations business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution
- We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
- Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
- Adhere to Britax policies and procedures.