Britax Römer is a global leader in child mobility, making family travel safer with our range of child seats, pushchairs and bike seats.
Römer was founded in Ulm, Germany in 1871 and has been setting new stardards for the child safety industry for 50 years, thanks to our great people.
Our mission is: every child has the right to be safe and our goal is to protect millions of children on the streets worldwide.
We are looking for qualified candidates to make this a reality.
Britax Römer's European headquarters is located in Leipheim, which houses production, logistics and administration, as well as one of the world's most advanced crash test facilities for child seats. Our strong corporate values - Care, Trust and Curious - make for a strong company culture.
We look forward to welcoming you here.
To support our Desing Team, we are looking for an Industrial Desing Senior (m/f/d)
Main purpose of role:
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be significantly involved in the design development of new Britax products within our design team. You will accompany the design process largely on your own responsibility from the first sketch. In doing so, you will work closely with our engineers and product managers within the framework of the global design strategy. In addition, you will keep an eye on important aspects such as the ergonomics, functionality and technical feasibility of our products.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal fashion designers within the project team under the lead of product & brand managers.
- Cooperate with our technical team, especially the global design team and our engineers.
- Execution of new concepts, product updates and facelifts.
- Virtual 3D modeling.
- Consideration of trends and new materials.
- Pre-selection of concepts with design and project team
Educational Qualifications Required:
- Successfully completed degree in industrial, transportation or product design
Previous Job Experience Required:
- Several years of sound experience as an industrial designer in the consumer goods sector, preferably also in a cross-industry design agency
Key Skills Required:
- Sound basic knowledge of manufacturing technical frameworks, in particular plastic injection molding
- Advanced handling of Solid Works.
- Confident sketching skills and visualization of ideas.
- Strong focus on UX with the understanding and translation of consumer behaving.
Key Personal Qualities Required:
- Creativity and technical understanding are your strengths.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- You have a flair for brands, trends and innovations and can convincingly communicate and present your approaches and ideas within a team. You are enthusiastic about first-class industrial design of a leading, innovative brand with a traditionally very high demand for design and user-friendliness of our products and bring a balanced mixture of creativity and an eye for what is feasible within the given time and cost framework.
An attractive remuneration package including holiday pay and Christmas bonus
30 days holiday with a 5-day week
Flexible working hours and mobile working
Varied tasks and the freedom to realise your own ideas
Company pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
Further training opportunities
Offers within the framework of company health management (fitness allowance, courses)
and much more
We look forward to meeting you!