Britax Römer is a global market leader in child mobility, dedicated to making family travel safer with our award-winning range of child car seats, pushchairs and bike seats. Every child deserves to be safe and our priority at Britax Römer is to ensure that your little ones can travel safely and comfortably on every journey. This is possible thanks to the dedication of our wonderful team.
Since our first child car seat in 1966, we have protected millions of children on the road across the world, where we are represented worldwide under the umbrella brand Britax. We have global operations with offices in 12 countries and more than 1,000 employees. Britax Römer’s European headquarters, including crash testing, manufacturing and operations, is located between Ulm and Augsburg in Leipheim, Germany.
In its more than 50-year history of car seats, Britax Römer has made major innovations that have affected the entire market and set new industry standards for safety and comfort, such as the first car seat with the ISOFIX anchoring system developed together with Volkswagen, which has become the international norm.
Britax Römer continues to provide new advances in the market and is the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design.
The business operates under 6 values:
- Think Consumer First
- Power of One
- Respect Matters
- Spirit of Enjoyment
- Safety at our Core
- Passion for Performance
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry.
To further drive forward our winning culture, we need to step-change our performance management in a constantly changing omni-channel environment in order to work with our customers and how best to respond to our consumers. To achieve this, we are looking for an IT Support Specialist EMEA someone who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our customers, our shoppers and our employees.
Position: IT Support Specialist EMEA
This role will be located at our newly built production site in Leipheim and working within the dynamic IT support team. For this role you will need to come with at least 5 years’ system support experience in an international ICT environment, with work experience in an Intel/Microsoft field. Your outstanding interpersonal skills put together with you refined planning and organising mindset will compliment your problem solving, efficiency and quality talent
The ideal candidate will be that cultural team player that has a passion for learning, driving continuous improvement as well as the personal drive to achieve their ambitions. You would have previously dealt with internal and external customers at all levels via telephone, email or face to face to ensure successful communication using your first class listening skills. You may have also had experience in; structured cabling networks, ticketing systems Network security best practices and SharePoint.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Providing day-to-day hands-on solution-oriented services and 1st, 2nd and 3rd level ICT-support as part of Service Management across European end users (laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices and applications). This position interfaces directly with internal and external customers, troubleshooting user desktop issues to resolution. Other areas of responsibility are first, second and third level LAN support, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training, etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- VM Ware Environment, VEEAM Backup
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date licenses and hardware/software inventory
- Install changes and updates to desktop PC/laptop hardware, operating systems, OS components as required, according change management practices
- Laptop/desktop (Windows and Mac) and Mobile Device deployments and support (iPhone, iPad, Android, any other Smartphone)
- Create manage and maintain internal documentation, reports and configuration standards
- Perform ICT Preventive Maintenance
- Provide complete, accurate and timely incident updates as they occur
Key Skills Required:
- Distinct customer and service orientation
- Demonstrate technical skills in a Microsoft-based environment (Active directory, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019)
- Strong technical skills relating to multiple mobile platforms (IOS, Android, )
- Proficient in business software, including Microsoft Office 2013/2016/Office365
- Strong and effective English and German verbal and written communication skills.
- Empathy for the Clients situation.
- Demonstrate attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Strong organizational, planning, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Able to identify and mitigate potential areas of risk.
- Technical attitude and competence
- Able to meet commitments
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution, Britax Römer.
We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
Adhere to Britax Römer policies and procedures.