Britax Römer is a global market leader in child mobility, dedicated to making family travel safer with our award-winning range of child car seats, pushchairs and bike seats. Every child deserves to be safe and our priority at Britax Römer is to ensure that your little ones can travel safely and comfortably on every journey. This is possible thanks to the dedication of our wonderful team
Since our first child car seat in 1966, we have protected millions of children on the road across the world, where we are represented worldwide under the umbrella brand Britax. We have global operations with offices in 12 countries and more than 1,000 employees. Britax Römer’s European headquarters, including crash testing, manufacturing and operations, is located between Ulm and Augsburg in Leipheim, Germany.
In its more than 50-year history of car seats, Britax Römer has made major innovations that have affected the entire market and set new industry standards for safety and comfort, such as the first car seat with the ISOFIX anchoring system developed together with Volkswagen, which has become the international norm.
Britax Römer continues to provide new advances in the market and is the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design.
The business operates under 6 values:
- Think Consumer First
- Power of One
- Respect Matters
- Spirit of Enjoyment
- Safety at our Core
- Passion for Performance
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry.
To further drive forward our winning culture, we need to step-change our performance management in a constantly changing omni-channel environment in order to work with our customers and how best to respond to our consumers. To achieve this, we are looking for a Head of Accounting, EMEA someone who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our customers, our shoppers and our employees.
Position: Head of Accounting, EMEA
This role will be based out of our Leipheim facility, reporting directly into the Head of Financial Control & Accounting (“FC&A”) EMEA. For this role you will act as the financial guardian of the European legal entities and be accountable for ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are met. You will need to come with experience of at least 8 years working in a similar environment, as you will ensure proper governance in our European legal entities (both in IFRS for group reporting purpose and for local statutory purposes) during monthly, quarterly and yearly closings. Governance will also cover written documentation of our processes ensuring that those get cascaded within the relevant part of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a cross functional key player in helping to transform the EMEA FC&A organisation from local country and finance focused departments to a more business focussed EMEA team that operates simple and standardised financial processes and proactively seeks to support the EMEA Britax Roemer broader business. Being able to work in an effective but collaborative manner will be critical. The person needs to be hands-on while supporting other senior management, along with being credible, engaging, and proactive.
This role will be part of the EMEA Finance leadership team, together with peers and the CFO, you will contribute to drive an ambitious transformational agenda and support the development of the wider finance team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 14 (out of which 3 direct reports) and will support their development and will drive productivity initiatives on a proactive basis.
- Own the financial integrity of the European entities’ general ledgers
- Submit all Group legal entity reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all external reporting requirements are met (statutory accounts, Government forms, liaise legal on company secretarial etc)
- Ensure all tax reporting/payment requirements are met (VAT, Intrastat, corporation tax etc)
- Submit weekly entity cash flows to Group on a timely and accurate basis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for key accounts and quarterly for all accounts
- Ensure financial processes are lean, effective and comply with local legal requirements
- Key contact for local external auditors including ownership of Prepared by Client list
- Payroll – ensure accurately and efficiently reflected in financial ledgers
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Fluent in German & English essential.
- Demonstrates real commitment in a fast moving and pressured environment with multiple priorities and can energize others. Ability to achieve results both personally and through others in a fast- changing business culture
- ERP experience, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Hyperion Financial Management
- Ability to achieve results through both directly and indirectly managed teams.
- Goes beyond the numbers. Operational mind-set with the willingness to assist in establishing KPIs and challenging peers to create a best-in class performance culture.
- Strong communication skills and credibility when interacting across all areas of the business
- Ability to support organisation through a change management process.
- Analytical with strong hunger for fact finding and performance management.
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the operations business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution, Britax Römer.
- We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
- Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
- Adhere to Britax Römer policies and procedures.