This role is based at the Group’s head office in Camberley, Surrey and reports to the UK based Global Tax Director. The primary focus of this role is to assume responsibility over UK tax compliance, reporting and forecasting together with the management of the Group’s international tax position.
The role is intended to be broad, and ideally suited for an experienced tax professional with interest in international taxation. The candidate will be joining the small head office team, with exposure to global finance teams and senior management.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Management of the UK tax compliance and reporting process to ensure that all entities submit accurate returns, across all taxes, on a cost efficient and timely basis.
- In house preparation of UK tax computations using Alphatax software
- Accurate and timely preparation of corporate tax calculations for forecasts and year-end financial statements.
- Responsibility for cash tax forecasting across the Group
- Management of global transfer pricing processes to ensure entities are making the appropriate arm’s length returns and that documentation is up to date and in line with global and in-country rules.
- Work with regional teams to ensure that correct policies and processes are being followed.
- Evaluate, monitor and mitigate global tax risk via monitoring and improvement of appropriate tax control processes.
- Liaise and consult with external and internal stakeholders (e.g. tax authorities, advisors, regional financial controllers, auditors) and build strong effective working relationships.
- Provide support and tax advice to regional financial controllers for global tax audits.
- Provide advice to the regions on indirect taxes, customs duties and tax equalisation matters.
- Support Global Tax Director on due diligence and advisory matters
Technical skills & competencies essential for the role:
- Recognised accounting/tax qualification (ACA, ATII or similar).
- Education to degree level.
- Experience of preparing tax computations with Alphatax
- Industry experience of year end tax reporting and cash tax forecasting
- Operational transfer pricing understanding
- Familiar with international corporate tax compliance
Aptitudes required in the role:
- Strong communication skills at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Team player with ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work accurately with strong attention to detail and a process-led approach required.
- Strong motivation and drive, able to set realistic deadlines and deliver to expectations, anticipating and adapting to changing priorities.
- Flexible, pragmatic, independent, commercially focused and able to operate effectively in a changeable, entrepreneurial, global business.
- Able to communicate technical issues clearly
The Britax Group Overview:
The Britax Group is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of Child Safety seats, pushchairs, bike seats and accessories with operations in the US, Northern and Western Europe, Asia and Australia. Britax branded products are renowned for their quality, design and high safety standards and are market leaders in a number of regions across the Globe.
In 2020, Britax made sales in excess of EUR 300m. A debt restructure in 2020 has provided a platform for growth and product portfolio proliferation across all majority of markets and the Group is well positioned to continue with its growth story.