Key Task and Responsibilities
- Support analytical and business frameworks as well as a quantitative approach to decision-making that shape the overall strategic course of the organization.
- Analyze financial results and key trends, assess current and future business risks.
- Create detailed financial models and enhance existing models. Able to convert data from various existing financial systems utilizing tools such as Excel, Access, Power Query and Power BI.
- Assist sales and marketing teams in development of Revenue and Profitability Budgets, Forecasts and Strategic Plans.
- Drive critical financial analysis (ROI, NPV and payback) of New Product Development initiatives, including impact of product cannibalization. Partner with Product Marketing and Sales to understand volume potential in the market of new products as well as cost/benefit associated with product features.
- Serve as primary partner for Marketing and Sales, working to manage product and customer P/L’s. Drive cross-functional understanding of the profitability drivers of the business, including promotion impact, product costs, product pricing, customer trade spend.
- As part of month-end processes explain variances to forecast, budget & PY for sales and margin. Explain variances to forecast on capital spend.
- Load approved pricing (both for new products and as a result of any price list changes) into AX.