The Britax Group is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of Child Safety seats, pushchairs, bike seats and accessories with operations in the US, Northern and Western Europe, Asia and Australia. Britax branded products are renowned for their quality, design and high safety standards and are market leaders in a number of regions across the Globe.
In 2020, Britax made sales in excess of EUR 300m. A debt restructure in 2020 has provided a platform for growth and product portfolio proliferation across all majority of markets and the Group is well positioned to continue with its growth story.
Position: Finance Business Partner / Analyst - NPD
This exciting ever evolving role is to provide management with key financial support for the Britax’s New Product Development (NPD) processes and Global Engineering Group. Acting as business partner to the product managers and project engineers, the role encompasses project management and stringent financial controls over core investments to provide future growth of the group.
Under the direction of the Global FP&A and Treasury you will create a standardised model to be applied across the regions to quantify the key parameters for decision making on any new NPD projects.
The ideal candidate will come with a minimum of 2-3 years of controlling and FP&A experience in a project /development environment. Previous international experience that would be an asset. You will have strong business and analytics (100% right mindset) acumen, excellent modelling skills, and knowledge of ERP systems. Your bright inquisitive mind will lead the way in helping the company determine return on investment and payback of NPD, while also leading the forecasting and management of operating expenses for the Global Engineering Group.
This role will be responsible for implementing the following;
Responsibilities will include
- Preparation of financial forecasts for global capex spend, liaising with senior management to prioritise the key projects
- Working closely with the Global Engineering Group to provide financial support and regular forecasts and reports in tracking of hours and spend by cost centre
- Monitoring progress of the NPD financial parameters against approvals, including the reconciliation of actual and revised forecast costs
- Participate in project development teams to represent finance (regular project meetings, monthly Product Development Reviews)
- Implementation of improved processes and systems for the capture of labour hours and NPD spend and documentation of those procedures
- Support Global Head of FP&A and Treasury on financial support for the Global Sourcing Team
- Qualified Accountant with demonstrable business partnering experience
- Previous Project Management experience, preferably within FMCG is desirable but not essential
- German language skills would be advantageous but not essential
- Self-motivated individual with an analytical mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, with good attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and cross functionally in teams or environments
- Excellent IT Skills in particular Excel (HFM and Power BI would be advantageous)