Britax Römer is a global leader in child mobility, making family travel safer with our range of child seats, pushchairs and bike seats.
Römer was founded in Ulm, Germany in 1871 and has been setting new standards for the child safety industry for 50 years, thanks to our great people.
Our mission is: every child has the right to be safe and our goal is to protect millions of children on the streets worldwide.
We are looking for qualified candidates to make this a reality.
Britax Römer's European headquarters is located in Leipheim, which houses production, logistics and administration, as well as one of the world's most advanced crash test facilities for child seats. Our strong corporate values - Care, Trust and Curious - make for a strong company culture.
We look forward to welcoming you here.
To support our Sourcing Team, we are looking for an
External Manufacturing Process Engineer (m/f/d)
- Lead technical exchange on external manufacturing services with suppliers
- Based on the product specifications, define and manage requirements to suppliers´ manufacturing processes ensuring the product feature set
- Lead suppliers´ technical capability assessment prior to and during RFx phase through expert opinion, support cost optimization
- Lead VA/VE assessment and realization with suppliers
- In team with Category Managers, regularly assess suppliers´ manufacturing efficiency
- Support sourcing category portfolio benchmarking
- Represent sourcing in cross functional productivity project meetings
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To support competitiveness of suppliers via assessing and optimizing their productivity
- To elaborate technical baseline for approval of new suppliers
- To perform manufacturing process efficiency assessments of suppliers
- To support negotiations via expertise on manufacturing process efficiency: comparisons and potential analyses of options
- Ensures implementation of know-how and innovation on manufacturing process efficiency into Britax
- Participates in optimization of total cost of ownership with suppliers
- Responsible to assess manufacturing efficiency of suppliers
- Responsible for leading the implementation of identified measures increasing suppliers´ manufacturing efficiency
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing process engineering function
- Experience in process and technical capability analysis as well as cost modelling
- Experience in working in a multinational industrial environment
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing, other languages are a plus
- Ability to fully work with all parts of MS Office
- Experience from various management tools as ISO 9000, ISO 14000, TQM and modern ERP-system is required
- Expert technical competence in Manufacturing and assembly of plastics, foam and metal components
- Effective use of tools for cost validation and process analytics
- Excellent analytic skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong personal drive with clear ambitions
- Passion for driving continuous improvements
- Excellent project manager with proven skills in overcoming meaningful obstacles to successful outcomes
- An attractive remuneration package
- 30 days holiday with a 5-day week
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Versatile tasks and the freedom to realise your own ideas
- Company pension scheme
- Bicycle leasing
- Further training opportunities
- Offers within the framework of company health management (fitness allowance, courses)
- Employee discounts
- Jubilee payments
- and much more
We look forward to meeting you!