Our Port Melbourne office is looking to hire an experienced Demand Planner, to work within our friendly team.
The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products, including:
Duties & Accountabilities
- Develop, update and maintain demand forecasts (operational forecasts) by analysing multiple sources of information and building coherent forecast model
- Lead Sales, Financial & Operations Planning (SF&OP) and Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) process with customers.
- Provide support to business, customer and market intelligence functions.
These incorporate 2 key areas:
Demand Planning / SF&OP Activities:
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, customer inputs, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results using forecasting software.
- Use, update and maintain the forecasting software as the primary tool for forecasting. Create reports in the forecasting tool or via the business intelligence tool.
- Retrieve, validate and review customer Point of Sales (POS) data for forecasting and business intelligence purposes.
- Gather forecast information from customers, assess for veracity and work with customers to develop robust forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional review of forecasts to reconcile significant variances, anomalies and uncertainties at different levels to reflect updated product management, sales, finance and management assumptions to develop a consensus forecast.
- Proactively provide input to the supply chain, sales, finance and other teams to optimise operations, inventory management and reporting. Provide ad hoc information or reports to various teams.
- Continually monitor and review forecasting performance metrics to improve forecasting models and / or processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships internally with relevant cross-functional teams whilst maintaining rigour and integrity of established processes.
- Lead the cross-functional SF&OP process to identify pain points and risks via various performance metrics in order to mitigate or manage them.
- Support gathering, extraction, validation and transformation, collation, analysis and reporting of business, customer and market intelligence, including dashboards.
- Performa or support ad hoc data modelling, analysis and reporting as required by the business.
What you will bring
- Bachelors’ degree in business, commerce or a field relevant to the role.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a planning, supply chain or other analytical role.
- Working with ERP Systems (eg AX, D365, SAP) preferable
- Using MS Office, with minimum Intermediate level Excel skills.
- Familiarity with a Business Intelligence tool (eg MS Power BI) preferable
- Exposure to planning, supply chain, or similar role with strong analytical and numerical skills
- Willingness to learn and progressively take on responsibility and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, collating multiple types of data and information from multiple sources, and to analyse and prepare coherent information and reports
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and to strict timelines, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills and ability to confidently liaise with internal stakeholders and customers.