This role will act as the business partner to the VP Sales for EMEA providing financial support and business insights, and as such will play a significant part in assuring that the growth and profitability targets for the business will be met. Specific attention is on regional profitability, with trade spend and contribution as the main KPIs. Sales and Marketing in Britax Childcare EMEA are organized by seven sub-regions, which are led by regional directors and supported by regional financial managers. The role will provide clear guidance to the regional directors on their P&L and drive their ownership of numbers.
You will also be a member of the Finance Leadership team for EMEA finance and so play a key role in setting the future culture and direction of the function.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide financial support, insight and challenge to the VP Sales, EMEA to ensure profitability targets for the business are tracked, understood and met
- Manage a team of 4 people working in the various regions, to understand profitability by channel/key customer/category and drive corrective action
- Work with sales team to review and revise pricing and trade term elements for the EMEA markets
- Critically analyse our promotional spending to ensure best value, and build learnings into future appraisals
- Monitor and review trade spending to ensure appropriate accruals are maintained
- Lead and coordinate the budget planning and forecasting process down to standard contribution margin
- Work with Forecasting manager EMEA to review and update S&OP process within the business to provide better insights
- Coach and develop team to maximise employee potential and satisfaction