Britax Römer is a global market leader in child mobility, dedicated to making family travel safer with our award winning range of child car seats, pushchairs and bike seats. Every child deserves to be safe and our priority at Britax Römer is to ensure that your little ones can travel safely and comfortably on every journey. This is possible thanks to the dedication to our wonderful team.
Since our first child car seat in 1966, we have protected millions of children on the road across the world, where we are represented worldwide under the umbrella brand Britax. We have global operations with offices in 12 countries and more than 1,000 employees. Britax Römer’s European headquarters, including crash testing, manufacturing and operations, is located between Ulm and Augsburg in Leipheim, Germany.
In its more than 50-year history of car seats, Britax Römer has made major innovations that have affected the entire market and set new industry standards for safety and comfort, such as the first car seat with the ISOFIX anchoring system developed together with Volkswagen, which has become the international norm.
Britax Römer continues to provide new advances in the market and is the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design.
The business operates under 6 values:
• Think Consumer First
• Power of One
• Respect Matters
• Spirit of Enjoyment
• Safety at our Core
• Passion for Performance
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry.
To further drive forward our winning culture, we need to step-change our performance management in a constantly changing omni-channel environment in order to work with our customers and how best to respond to our consumers. To achieve this, we are looking for a Clerk - Accounts Payable - someone who is a great team player who can bring our effectiveness to the next level and who can ensure we win with our customers, our shoppers and our employees.
Position: Clerk Accounts Payable P2P (m/f)
This role will be based out of either our Polish office in Śrem or fully remote and will be a key part of our regional EMEA Accounting Group. In this role you will be part of the transformation of our existing accounts payable teams from a country based focus into becoming a single regional team that operates virtually all of the accounts payable regionally. Driving this change whilst ensuring that we pay our suppliers in a timely and accurate manner will be the key focus of this role. You will need to come with experience of having led a similar transformation or having worked in an Accounts Payable Shared Service Centre at same level for at least three years. Exposure to working across EMEA legal entities is also essential.
The ideal candidate will have good accounting skills within P2P. The person we are looking for will be an excellent communicator and be able to work in an effective but collaborative manner across several legal entities. You are technically strong in complex Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process.
Your area of responsibility has a very strong international focus and includes the following tasks:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- checking and recording of incoming invoices in the electronic workflow system in compliance with legal and tax regulations (sales tax, wage tax and withholding tax)
- responsible account assignment and booking of incoming invoices as well as clarification of open items on the accounts payable
- processing of the electronic mailbox and forwarding for approval to the departments
- clarification of occurring price differences in coordination with purchasing
- processing of supplier reminders
- maintenance of supplier master data
- closely aligned with internal business partners to ensure timely approval of invoices
You have good level of communication skills and maintain a professional appearance even under pressure. In addition, you are able to oversee complex situations and manage multi-task environments. In addition to enjoying working in a team you should ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- minimum 3 years finance experience of which at least 1 years needs to be within an accounts payable shared service function
- ability to work effectively within a team by managing own workload as well as energising others within the team
- experience in complex P2P processes in all questions regarding the correct handling of creditor business transactions
- previous experience of working in a remote SSC in the processes that P2P encompasses
- proof of having worked for a German medium-sized company in Germany
- escalation point for internal customers
- degree of responsibility and reliability
- customer orientation and a good service mentality
- ability to quickly understand complex situations
- pro-active approach and process-oriented thinking
- ERP experience, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- German language is essential as well as Business level English skills
Reward & Equal Opportunity
The candidate will be a key support to the success of the operations business and will benefit from a competitive compensation package. The greatest reward is to protect more children on the road every day with the safest and most comfortable solution, Britax Römer.
- We are proud to provide opportunity/progression within an international and diverse environment where our people can fully develop their career and achieve their ambitions.
- Support a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
- Adhere to Britax Römer policies and procedures.