The ideal candidate will have good organisational skills and come with a proven ability to work within clear deadlines. An excellent communicator and be able to work in an effective but collaborative manner across several legal entities. You will be technically strong in Accounts Payable and Accounting.
Reporting initially to the Financial Controller ANZ, this role will be responsible for
(a) ensuring that all aspects of the end-to-end Accounts Payables function for Australia & New Zealand are carried out in a professional, efficient, and timely manner, and
(b) daily, month-end and year-end accounting and related activities under the direction of the Financial Controller and Senior Accountants.
- Accurate and timely allocation, coding and recording of invoices and employee expense reimbursements;
- Accurate and timely processing of payments, ensuring all invoices have been properly approved before payments are made;
- Daily bank account / statement clearing and reconciliations;
- Follow-up discrepancies on supplier invoices, statements and queries on outstanding and aged payables;
- Aged Payables reporting;
- Filing and archiving of invoices / payables statements;
- Monthly Intra-group balance confirmations / reconciliations;
- Assisting with the weekly cash flow forecast;
- Recording, reporting and liaising with Group head office regarding loan and interest payments;
- Correct translation and recording of payables and receivables denominated in foreign currencies:
- Preparing and posting related month-end and year-end journals and accounting entries;
- Preparing information required for rebates and settlement discount accruals – rebates taken by customers, monthly sales data and debtor balances;
- Assisting with preparation of month-end reports and investigation of variances;
- Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of Business Activity Statement (BAS) and GST returns for the Australian and New Zealand companies;
- Assisting with information and schedules for the external audit;
- Other ad hoc project work as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Accounts Payable
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a wider accounting function
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable using excel
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the team’s success
BRITAX is a world leader in innovation, design, manufacturing and marketing of child safety seats and nursery products, with operations located in USA, Germany, England, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and China.
Britax Childcare Pty Ltd, is headquartered in Port Melbourne, Victoria, were we design, develop, distribute, and test child car seats and strollers.
We continue to provide new advances in the market and are the preferred supplier for many leading car brands globally, being recognized as a quality brand as well as a catalyst for technology and design. As such we are the trusted brand of choice under the primary brands of Britax Safe-n-Sound, Steelcraft, Babylove and Hipod.
The business operates under 3 values:
Care - We care about protecting the dreams of our customers, our people, and our world. Realized by outstanding safety, fostering our employees with a commitment to improving lives.
Trust - We trust in our products to protect the dreams of our customers all over the world. We trust in our people who come together with a common purpose, where differences make us better and enable us to create an environment where everyone belongs.
Curious - We are curious because we ask questions and connect with our people, by listening thoughtfully, elevating their voices, and ensuring their dreams are our starting point.
It is working towards building a winning culture with passionate people based on these values and driving a strong reputation for talent development in the industry